Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
officejet 6700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noticed my 6700 stopped going to sleep recently. I restarted it. Still would not go to sleep. I noticed a "original loaded" message at the bottom of the screen. I've since unplugged the unit (hard reset), opened the ADF and examined all the moving parts and possible sensors. I find nothing out of place, nothing stuck, and no paper/debris jams that could be the issue. The message continues to appear and I can not find any solutions.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@troutusa

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

We'll have to perform a reset on the Printer for this. I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I performed the procedure you sent to me via private message. Upon restarting the printer, the screen still displayed "document loaded" and the ADF would not respond to me trying to load a new document, nor would the printer perform a copy operation. (In the case of "copy", the printer goes into an infinite loop requiring a "power off" command to regain control of the printer. (The same holds true for the scanning operation)

HP Recommended

Are you able to scan/copy from the glass? Try connecting the Printer to a different wall out directly.

Also, try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is set to automatically install updates. A manual check of the printer status says the firmware is up to date.

HP Recommended

Are you able to scan/copy from the glass?

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am only able to print from my computer. The machine believes a document is in the feeder and will not respond to requests for fax or copy/scan from the front panel. I have opened (user accessible sections only) and examined all the mechanical parts in the feeder looking for something jammed or torn paper and can find nothing. The printer gets very little use, I see nothing worn or broken and do not see any foreign obstructions.

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

since my warranty has expired, my only route to assistance is the community. I did not even see a link for paid assistance.

HP Recommended

I understand. I'll send you a private message with the number to contact the support team in your region.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.