Did you mean: 
jimjglass
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"Streaking" in color on scans and black when copying using the "Black" rather than "Color" option

Officejet Pro 8600 N911a
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When attempting to "copy" an article using the "Black" option, vertical streaks appear on the resulting copy.  The "remedy" that worked was to use the "Color" option instead of the "Black" option.  
Now what is happening is that when attempting to "scan" vertical streaks in color are appearing on the scan, thus rendering the scan useless.

Tried removing and reinserting the 3 color and 1 black toner cartridges but to no avail.  Any other hints to correct this?

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
12,053 12,004 1,206 2,763
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

"Streaking" in color on scans and black when copying using the "Black" rather than "Color" option

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Were the printed streaks at the same place when scanning?  From the description, it seems to be a combination of issues :

1. Black cartridge is defective - have you tried cleaning the printhead?

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c02866222

2. Physical scanner defective - if both copy and scan shows the same defect, likely a scanner failure

3. Scanner is "dirty", try checking this resource to see if the scanner can be cleaned:

Hope that helps!

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL.png

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
jimjglass
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Streaks are in the same place.  Seems the scanner became contaminated but when re-booting it seems to have corrected the problem.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
12,053 12,004 1,206 2,763
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL.png

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation