Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 7740
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi,

I edited the preset in the app HP easy scan to "black and white" and was able to get pure black and white images yesterday.

But the "black and white" option was disappeared today. Only "grayscale" and "colors" are available.

What's wrong with my scanner(7740) or the app HP easy scan?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Juno5,

Good Day. Thank you for visiting the HP community. I understand that you need assistance with the black and white setting in HP easy scan app.Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to provide accurate information I would require more details from you.

• Did this happen today after any software or OS update?

For now please uninstall the HP easy scan app and reinstall it and check if the issue gets resolved.

• Please follow these steps in this document https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04788799  for HP easy scan.
  • It gives you information on how to download and use it, FAQs and also how to you Apple image capture also. It is a very useful document and should help you resolve the issue.
  • Please follow the relevant steps mentioned in it patiently that pertain to your current situation

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks,

I did the reinstallation of the HP easy scan, but this didn't solve the problem.

And I didn't update my mac these day too.

HP Recommended

Hi @Juno5,

I read your quick response. Thanks for replying You've done some great troubleshooting and displayed immense patience to try and fix the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done. 🙂

Please try these steps:

First, reset  Mac printing system from this link: http://hp.care/2s1Aa0C  and then download the printer drivers by using HP Easy Start from this link: http://hp.care/2td0Z6v

Then restart the computer and try to print. If it prints correctly, Uninstall HP easy scan and later reinstall it again from the same link from my post. This link gives you information on how to install it and use it. You could also check with apple image capture app to see if that works.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.