Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp photosmart 6520

I have email addresses saved in the printer; I would like to remove the emails that don't exist anymore. The printer sends a code to the non existant emails. how can I by-pass this step or have the code sent to my new email to have them removed?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@pschwensen,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support community!

You can change the scan to e-mail settings on the EWS page of the printer.

Let's try these steps:

• Go to 'Set Up' menu

• Go to 'Wireless' menu 
  • Go to 'Display Network Configuration' > 'print Info'
  • This prints the network details of the printer.
  • Obtain the IP address of the printer and open a browser on your PC and enter the IP address on the address bar to access the EWS page.

• If you get any security alerts, proceed forward to access the EWS page. Below is the example of an EWS page.
  • On the EWS page, select 'Scan' > 'Scan to Email' >  'Email Address Book'
  • From the address book, you can delete the EMail that is non-existent.
  • You can delete the existing profile and create a new profile with the new e-mail address under 'Scan to Email' setup.

Let me know if this helps. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Atharva_gp, Anyway I can speak with you directly? I don't get the same screen pop-ups as you did when you enter the IP address. 

HP Recommended

@pschwensen

If you would like to get help from a technician directly, use the steps below to reach out to our support team.

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further. 

Thank you. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my only option is HP Community, and not a live person. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.