Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Does anyone know if it is possible to scan more than one page into a pdf file with the HP Photosmart 5520 printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you see the PLUS (+) sign to add ? Pleae scan from your computer, not from printer.

scan_add.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@cdn12 wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to scan more than one page into a pdf file with the HP Photosmart 5520 printer?

Hi,

Please try

(a) Open Scan from computer software (ie HP Scan),

(b) Select Scan a Document or Photo

(c) Select scan to PDF, scan the first page and don't save,

(d) Click a small + (plus sign) to add second page,

(e) and then  again for 3rd, 4th ....

(f) Save one file at the end.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi BH

Thank you for your quick reply; I have just tried your suggestion but I still obtain separate pdf files for each page that I scan.

I am trying to scan more than one page into one only pdf file; do you know if this is possible?

cdn12

HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you see the PLUS (+) sign to add ? Pleae scan from your computer, not from printer.

scan_add.png

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Hello BH,

This is perfect - thank you for your very good advice,

Take care,

cdn12

HP Recommended

There should be a "plus" that looks like this (+) on the preview page.  Once you scan the first page, go to the printer and add another page, then press the (+), this will automatically initiate the scan to scan the screen and add the 2nd page you want to add to the document.

Note:  Make sure the dpi setting is set to 300 or less.  If it is set to over 300, the (+) will not appear on the preview page.

Hope this helps!!

barry1266

HP Recommended

I followed these steps but I do not see a small + (plus sign) anywhere in HP Scan.  Can anyone help me please?

HP Recommended

@Ike_6G

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.