Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP M428fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i scan via Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and I use that app interface, only the odd pages get scanned. The Acrobat interface worked fine on my prior HP Inkjet, but since I've replaced that inkjet with this HP laserjet model, only odd pages get scanned. If I use the HP scan interface, it works fine, but I get that massive scan file bloat size and don't want to use that HP interface. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this ... any suggestions? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Update: if i feed pages individually, they all scan. It happens only when i place of pages in the document feeder to scan. Then I only get every other page -- all the odd pages.

HP Recommended

@mike47401

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Follow the Steps below to resolve scanning problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor

1. Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
  3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
    • If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
    • If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
  4. Click Fix Scanning.

See Additional resources if the problem is unresolved or if there are other scanning problems.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

When i try to download HP Print/Scan doctor via your link, I get a 404 error message. When I try to download directly from HP, I get an error message.

HP Recommended

got scan doctor through cnet.com, updated to latest version, followed prompts to update driver etc to latest version, still having same problem.

HP Recommended

@mike47401

Thank you for posting back. 

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.