Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro mfp m426fdn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have a HP laserjet pro mfp m426fdn printer/scanner. 

• After place document in the feeder, printer screen shows "Document Loaded", select "Scan", the scanner always scan from the flatbed even though document is in feeder.
  • Copy from feeder works automatically.
  • The only way to scan from feeder, is to use "Windows Fax and Scan" program at a computer after place document in feeder. In the "New Scan" window, change "source" to "Document Feeder". Then it will scan from feeder. It is a hassle having to go back and forth between the printer and computer.

We woulde like scan from feeder to work automatically from the printer/scanner without having to go to a computer to use "Windows Fax and Scan" or similar program.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open the control panel and search for "Scanners and cameras", then click Vied dcanners and cameras.

Select the listed device and press Scan Profiles.

Edit the listed profiles and ensure its Source is set to Feeder rather than Flatbed.

Conirm the changes and check if you may see any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open the control panel and search for "Scanners and cameras", then click Vied dcanners and cameras.

Select the listed device and press Scan Profiles.

Edit the listed profiles and ensure its Source is set to Feeder rather than Flatbed.

Conirm the changes and check if you may see any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

NOT SOLVED.  I cannot downgrade my mac, it says that the last version is too old to download.  I want to rip my hair out.  I am so upset.

HP Recommended

Having the same problem with a brand new HP LaserJet Pro MFP M479fdw. Have reset all the settings in the program to no avail! HP has been my favorite product for over 20 years, but not so much anymore!

HP Recommended

Getting ready to take this brand new HP LaserJet back. HP has lost it's edge! They repeat the same answers over and over, to no avail. Reset! Restart! Remove! Reinstall! NOTHING WORKS! So sad to see HP care so little that they leave customers "in the cold!"

HP Recommended

I am having a similar problem with an HP Officejet 5742 after installing Windows 10. I can scan from the flatbed but not from the document feeder.

HP Recommended

@Robertbruce1
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

To resolve the scan connection issues by uninstalling the printer software before reinstalling the latest driver.

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer, if necessary.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

3. Under Programs or Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program to open the list of installed programs.

4. Click the HP printer name to open the uninstall confirmation window, and then click Yes to complete the software removal.

5. Make sure the printer is turned on, cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

6. Go to HP Software & Driver Download, type your printer model and follow the instructions to download and install the driver.

7. During the installation, select the full software option to get the most out of your HP printer, and then follow the steps to set up the printer connection.

Try to scan. If the error persists, continue to the next step (Check Windows Image Acquisition settings ) from here: https://support.hp.com/ca-en/topic/diagnostics?category=printing&issue=scan-issues  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Prior to your message I was still unable to scan by instructing the printer but I could scan by instructing from the computer and changing the source from flatbed to feeder. Consequently I was reluctant to carry out your suggestion but did so and eventually got the same message as before "Unsuccessful Network Installation." I can still scan from the computer but now cannot print a document from a folder so am worse off than before.

HP Recommended

I have now resolved the printing problem, One note had been set as default printer and I have corrected that.

Although I still cannot scan from the feeder on the printer as I could do with Windows 7, I am content to just carry on as is.

HP Recommended

@Robertbruce1

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try with Windows Built-in Print DriverClick here

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.