10-08-2018 09:05 AM
Besides the HP I use a Brother all in one. After an update HP officejet everytime I get the question: select the program (and then I have to choose : HP Scan, Omnipage or some others.
And the screens pops up at every page I want to scan.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-09-2018 02:24 PM
Good day. A Warm welcome to the HP community. I have reviewed the case. I will be happy to assist you here. Brilliant efforts and great description of the issue. Kudos to you for that.
- DId you run HP print and scan doctor and check if it gets resolved?
- When you speak of an update is it the Hp printer driver update or the printer's firmware update?
- Could you share a screenshot or image of the exact error message to assist you correctly?
For now, try these steps:
- Please perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-envy-120-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5203208/document/c00489... and follow instructions from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer”
- Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168
- Use a USB cable to update the printer’s firmware by connecting it to a computer.
- Run HP print and scan doctor by following directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861
- Now check if the issue gets fixed.
If it continues, then perform these steps:
Run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are installed correctly.
Then you can use these 2 awesome apps to scan by following these directions:
- Use HP scan and capture to scan by downloading it from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206 (HP Printers - Using the HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 8 and 10)
- You can scan using this app. It is an awesome app. This link shows you how to download, install and use the app with relevant FAQs.
- This should fix it for you.
- You could also use HP SmartApp to both print and scan. Follow directions from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142 (HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10) to download install and use the app for both printing and scanning.
This should resolve the issue. If it continues, then uninstall and reinstall the printer software at the root level by following these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printe... and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
It is alright to install it as a USB printer and later convert it to a wireless printer.
This should fix it for you.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
10-11-2018 11:22 AM
I see that you were interacting with @DavidSMP. I'd like to help.
Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate your time and effort.
Good to know that the HP Smart app is working fine.
Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance.
I am an HP Employee