Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp officejet pro 8600 premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i been having this all in one printer/scanner/fax mashine sinse 2015, never had no prbolems.  for what ever reason, now when i want to send fax, it does have dial tone but then womens voice in the back round comes up, saying " the number can't be completed as diald, if i entered 5 digit code, please dial 1 and 0 before the code" i have no clue what 5 digit code it reffering to.  my landline has dial tone, everything was the same way as before this happened but 3 days ago i start having problems. my fax test run was successeful, my softwear installed correctly too. i did uninstalled and reinstalled my softwear 3 times with no results. please help me. i work from home and having fax is very important for me. thanks in advance. please email me at viktoria408@yahoo.com if i don't respond to you right away. thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @viktoria408,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to send a fax from your printer. Don't worry, I will be glad to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you been able to send a fax before?

Did you change your phone service provider or setup?

Do you have any answering machine connected to the same phone line?

Recommend you to run the fax setup wizard on your computer and check. Refer to page number 58 in the printer manual.

1. Open the HP printer software.

2. Double–click Fax Actions, and then double-click Digital Fax Setup Wizard.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings @viktoria408,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to send a fax from your printer. Don't worry, I will be glad to help.

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Have you been able to send a fax before?

Did you change your phone service provider or setup?

Do you have any answering machine connected to the same phone line?

Recommend you to run the fax setup wizard on your computer and check. Refer to page number 58 in the printer manual.

1. Open the HP printer software.

2. Double–click Fax Actions, and then double-click Digital Fax Setup Wizard.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

yes, thanks so much for your respond. i was able to fix my problem on my own but i do see that 1 of the reason that you pointed out, was my problem. we had verizon and now it's  frontier and i didn't know that i  have to set  long dostanse with them and that was the problem. i just thought once they took over, all my verizon services just got trasfered but that was not the case. i am ok now and able to send faxes with no problems. thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.