Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

NTT.DLL on working system is 10.0.10240.16384

NTT.DLL on non-working system is 10.0.10240.16430

I'm tempted to copy working one to my non-working system but don't want to get that deep into mucking around with individual MS dll files and making my system unstable.

HP Recommended

Hi @sjc-or,

It sounds like you're still experiencing corruption on your computer. 

I would follow the steps I provided to remove and reinstall the software again. If you do not wish to do this, I would use one of these alternate methods to scan.

Hope this answers your question. Thank you for posting!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Drakester.

It is network connect printer.

Scan only works with embedded web app. Not with anything else. I have done everythign I can but to no avail. Guess I will just have to use my remaining Win 7 system for scanning from desktop or if using WIn 10, use embedded scanner or scan to folder from printer front panel (which also works)

HP Recommended
After spending hours with a extremely patient HP tech he was was also unsuccessful. Did everything we have already done plus some. A for effort I will say that. He believed it was a corrupt file in the initial down load of windows 10 to uninstall windows 10 and re install. So that's what we did however I deleted a lot of my programs and had to reload all of them..still working on that but it work! I tested the printer right after I reloading windows 10. It was in the devices and printed on command. Ran the download I already loaded before full version to get the scanner and pinned it to task bar it works. So if windows 10 does not work right first time resolve by system restore and going back to the beginning before you loaded 10 and re install. Not ideal but printer works oh and norton 360 uninstall and get update that works with 10 the one for 8 will not be compatible.
Quick books 2015 not compatible yet either huge issues posted on that. Well hope this helps save some time; hours you can't get back..
Thank you,
Krissy
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update Krissy!  I am not going to uninstall and re-install Windows 10. I think I will wait until Microsoft send an update for it. I'm sure they are working lots of bugs out. At least I have a Windows 7 machine I can scan with and I can always use the embedded web based scan server if I get in a bind.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world having this problem and eventually Microsoft and HP will work out this bug.

HP Recommended

I have a solution.

I had to disable the service " Process Monitor" using msconfig.exe and shut down the service.

Apparently this is some  sort of service used by Logitech but in breaks use of scanning to my HP 8600 usinge either TWAIN or WIA.

HP Print and scan doctor simply reports "invalid device driver" when Process Montitor is enabled. I will have to research to see what if any, negative side affects this wil have with using my Logitech Web camera.

HP Recommended

It used to work and now it doesn't.  Seems to coincide with last update but now getting worse for me.  Going to dig up a USB cord and try it that way next.  Hours gone...

Frankly I would pay a premium for devices that are static and never update, it's not just HP.  Windows, Samsung phones...It's all the same...updates add needless features, pop ups  and bloat; more often than not they create a lot of bugs that compromise useful things that used to work just fine.  And yes, like a little sheep I give up and buy a new one.

I mean really, are you that hard up that you will make me change all my ink cartridges every time one of the colors is low?  I saw a thing on Chive today (fwiw).  Printer ink is supposedly the 7th or 8th most expensive fluid in the world. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem and have spent hours trying to solve it. My computer upgraded to Windows 10. My HP 8600 Pro All-in-One is connected via the wireless network. It shows in the list of printers and I can print to it. But when I try to scan, the printer doesn't see the computer and the computer cannot find the printer. The only thing that worked is to use HP Scan and Capture, which is not an acceptable solution and which I temporarily uninstalled. I've tried everything else I can find on the Internet and the help websites. I've shut down and restarted everything several times. I uninstalled all printer drivers and reinstalled them. I've disabled and enabled the scanner function in the HP Printer Assistant, Manage Scan to Computer settings. I do not want to use Scan and Capture for my work. It's not effective or efficient for my needs. I use Acrobat DC and before the upgrade to Windows 10, I could scan directly from that program to add pages to documents. The printer scan to computer function also worked. HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.