Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 2610 All in one
macOS 10.14 Mojave

After having no issues as of yesterday, today I get software for "%@" failed to run.   -9927 when trying to open the scanner from the computer. Also does not work with the same message with Apples Image capture. I did not update anything on my computer. The printer is networked and I can find it just fine in a browser. 

What is going on HP, there are people having this with all different models today. 

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Apple just released an update to the software for this printer.  It should show up through software update.

If it does not you can download it directly here.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I found a solution: If you are using MAC: Go to "Printers & Scanners" .On the printers section (the box on the left) find your printer click on it and delete. If your printer shows on the faxes section too, delete that one as well. Then

Find " HP Easy Start" on your computer. If it's not there you will need to open it from the HP Software CD .  Go through the steps, it guides you through and at some point it asks you if you would like to add the printer to your devices. Say "yes!" and it's good to go! Do the print and scan tests as well. I hope this works for you! Good Luck _ Gizem

HP Recommended

I've tried all available troubleshooting as suggested, and nothing works. I am still struggling with scanning, an issue that I never had an issue with until now.

HP Recommended

Having exactly the same problem with a HP Envy 5640 printer+scanner in a Mac running Mojave. Since exactly yesterday I can't use the scanner, with exactly the same error message shown : "Software for "%@" failed to run (-9927)".

HP Recommended

I had this exact same problem on my HP7510 which I have been scanning from for years.

Tried the HP suggested solution below - it did not work.  I installed a newer HP printer as I thought my older 7510 was just coming to end of life for software support.  Even the new HP printer generated the same "%@" failed to run (-9927)

After not finding any apple update as suggested, I called Apple Support.

Here's what got my printer to work:

Search for:  HP Easy Admin for macOS

Follow the three steps:

HP Recommended

The posting date on that Driver is from 2017. I have all the latest drivers installed.

HP Recommended

HP Easy Admin doesn't list my printer. So none of these solutions are working.

HP Recommended

I can confirm the same "Software for "%@" failed to run. (-9927)" error when attempting to open Image Capture Version 8.0 (1106) on OSX Mojave 10.14.6 using a HP Photosmart C5380.

Reinstalling the drivers fails to resolve this issue. This appears to be either an Apple problem or HP problem -- I hope that someone can post a solution to this issue ASAP.

HP Recommended

I confirm the instructions posted by BeeGee2 worked for me, and I can access my scan again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.