Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MPF M130a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought a new HP Printer LaserJet Pro MFP M130a and i used a Disk that came with the printer to install the drivers. My machine is running Windows 10 64 bit.

I could only scan one document before i could get the following error.

''the hp lj m129m134"

Please help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Tumo

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130a printer. I read that the printer is installed on Windows 10 computer. You could scan one document and after that, the scanning does not work. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Is the printer able to print?
  • Is the printer able to copy? If copy works fine then it indicates that the scanning hardware is good.

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers. 
  • Please try to scan and check for the results.
  • You could also use the HP Scan and Capture program to scan a document in Win10.

If the scanning still does not work then please uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps should help:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.
  • You may download and install the drivers from this HP link.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.