07-07-2017 03:30 AM
I bought a new HP Printer LaserJet Pro MFP M130a and i used a Disk that came with the printer to install the drivers. My machine is running Windows 10 64 bit.
I could only scan one document before i could get the following error.
''the hp lj m129m134"
07-08-2017 01:42 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130a printer. I read that the printer is installed on Windows 10 computer. You could scan one document and after that, the scanning does not work. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Is the printer able to print?
- Is the printer able to copy? If copy works fine then it indicates that the scanning hardware is good.
I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. This is a free tool for Windows to help resolve issues with the printer drivers.
- Please try to scan and check for the results.
- You could also use the HP Scan and Capture program to scan a document in Win10.
If the scanning still does not work then please uninstall the printer drivers from the root level and then reinstall them. The following steps should help:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- You may download and install the drivers from this HP link.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂