Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moonbeams
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try to scan and email but printer sends to Microsoft acct instead of my telus acct that I use.

HP 5740 Office Jet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having problems trying to scan and email. 

Printer sends to Microsoft acct. that I don't use, instead of my email acct that I have set up.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,139 6,132 396 483
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

try to scan and email but printer sends to Microsoft acct instead of my telus acct that I use.

@Moonbeams, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Use the Scan to Email Wizard in the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results.

HP Printer Assistant opens.

2. Double-click Scan and click Scan to Email Wizard

3. When the outgoing email profile window displays, click New, and then enter the email address that you want to use with the profile.

4. Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.

5. Enter a security pin to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.

6. If you typically need to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, enter that information into the email authentication fields.

7. Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.  

If you do not have the HP software installed on the PC, Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also, check the default app on the PC

Search Windows for 'Default apps' > Email > Choose as required.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation