Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

With my previous ink jet all in one printers when I scanned any document or photo it automatically scanned to size.

With the M277dw the picture ends up in the corner of an a4 sized jpeg.  And I only have 3 choices of size in settings anyway. Can anyone offer any help with this? I'm stymied!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Sarrony,

I appreciate the update. I would like you to try steps 6 & 7 listed here: Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows)

Have you tried using the Windows Scan App for Windows 10? There are more features here and you are able to save presets, so that way you are not having to change the settings every time you want to print a photo?

If you are still having issues, I suggest contacting our technical support at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp, they have the ability to log on by remote assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks again, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Sarrony,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I see you are unable to scan a jpeg by size with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. 

What is your current Operating system, Windows or Mac and which version?

How are you attempting the scan from the control panel or using HP software?

I will watch for your reply. 

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks HevnLgh

My OS is Windows 10.

I'm using the control panel on the printer. I've gone into settings both there and on my pc but can't see anything about sizing other than choosing a document size.

What really puzzles me is that as I said on my old printers the sizing was adjusted autmatically to whatever was placed on the scanner bed. Now I've even started using the Scannable app just to get some of my old photos stored!

I very much appreciate your help.

Sarrony

HP Recommended

@Sarrony,

Thank you for the requested information. 

1. Did you update the LaserJet software when you upgraded to the Windows 10 Operating system?

2. Are you using the HP Software to perform the Scan when trying to change the settings?

3. Are you able to make a Copy or does the same thing happen?

Please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

What does the PSDR find?

See here: Scanning from the Computer (Windows)

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying HevnLgh

I have updated, used the diagnostics, the print and scan doctor.  It installed a copy of my device, which I now need to use as the default.

The printer now does not recognise my computer when I try to scan anything to network folder from the device screen. I could do this previously but can see myself needing to uninstall and reinstall if I now wish to use that method. I have already spent far too long on trying to sort things out to no good effect.

Yes, I find I can configure the device to automatically detect size from the software but I have to do that every time I want to scan any photos and it is just time consuming and fiddly. The touchscreen on the printer is useless for this process.

Why does the device not automatically detect the size of any document or image and scan accordingly - or at least allow you to change sizee and format on the touchscreen? As I have said, my old inject printer was more useful in that regard. This device is far from being an improvement.  I am very disappointed.

I wish I had just stuck to using the Scannable app on my phone and not tried to get the device to do what I require. Or perhaps I should have bought a simpler model and even stuck to an inkjet one.

HP Recommended

@Sarrony,

I appreciate the update. I would like you to try steps 6 & 7 listed here: Network Scanner Connection is Lost (Windows)

Have you tried using the Windows Scan App for Windows 10? There are more features here and you are able to save presets, so that way you are not having to change the settings every time you want to print a photo?

If you are still having issues, I suggest contacting our technical support at http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp, they have the ability to log on by remote assistance. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks again, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you again. I can't find a way to preset on the windows scan app but it still seems the best way to go. With that I don't even need the network connection. The steps you advised don't do it I'm afraid. I may call support from here NZ in a day or two - in hope. 

I still think it should be possible to access all settings from the touch screen. It's very little use to me as it is. But I do appreciate your help.

Kindest regards

Sarrony

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.