09-21-2019 10:22 AM
from my dell inspiron 3647 desktop, I cannot scan to email.error message reads , no email program associated to perform this action. create an association in the default programs control panel. email client is windows live mail, pop 3 , incoming is pop.gmail.com 995 ssl, , outgoing is smtp.gmail.com 465 ssl. I can scan to email from printer but not from computer. was working fine last time I tried a week ago. drivers are up to date according to microsoft windows downloads. installed windows 7 manager and microsoft fix it center 2 or 3 days ago. ran hp print and scan doctor. it fixed some issues. printer is wireless. computer is local area connection and wireless network connection. PLEASE HELP!!
09-23-2019 07:31 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Update the printer firmware
Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here
If the issue persists, I’d suggest you assign a public DNS to try and fix this issue. Here are the steps:
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 18.104.22.168 and under manual alternate type 22.214.171.124 (This is Google DNS server address)
- Restart the printer and the router and check for issue resolution.
Let me know if that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee