Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gatillo
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unlike earlier HP inkjets, the document copying facility is so slow it looks as if it is scanning

HP Envy 5544
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

as typed above under subject, this new printer takes an age to copy a page and it is almost as if the document is being scanned line by line before being copied

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 423 589
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

unlike earlier HP inkjets, the document copying facility is so slow it looks as if it is scanning

Hi @gatillo,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing slow copy issues with your HP ENVY 5544 All-in-One Printer.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue from the link: Copying Documents or Photos

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you update the firmware from the link: Firmware Update

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
gatillo
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rainbow 23

after an hour with HP yesterday, it was agreed that the machine was faulty and a replacement was

authorised.  As bought via John Lewis, and within 35 days, I contacted them and hope to pick up a replacement printer this afternoon from Waitrose.  There is probably a glitch in the software and we can only hope that this faulty machine is the only in its batch!

gatillo

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 423 589
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @gatillo,

I understand that the printer is being replaced as it was defective.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries in future in this forum and we will always be there to help you.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation