cancel
tomojo-cp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

vertical black line on scan

I receive a vertical black line in the middle of the 1st page only of a scan on my pagewide 477 dw multi

Does not show up on back side of 2 page scans.

Does not show up on printed pages

Printer is pretty new

Clean environment

Tried cleaning rollers 

Software issue?

2 REPLIES 2
Associate Professor
Associate Professor
1306 1302 123 230
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have contamination on the scanner glass you need to clean. This unit has 2 scan heads so you need to make sure both are clean. If the line is on the side that is face up in the document feeder, then lift the lid and clean the slit of glass on the left side. If the line is on the other side then you need to clean the backside scanner. Check YouTube for instructions to do that.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
tomojo-cp Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  If you are correct, I see a small black fleck under the glass on the left side pane.  How do I get under the glass to remove or even blow out with compressed air?

Thanks for your quick initial reply

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation