cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

vertical lines on right side of scans and copies

HP Recommended
Envy 120 All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm getting "very fine" vertical lines on scans & copies, but not docs I send to printer to print from computer.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
5,897 5,853 633 1,445
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are using the automatic document feeder then most likely you have contamination on the scanner glass. Lift the scanner lid as  you would to place something on the flat glass. On the left side of the top you should see a separate piece of glass. Clean it well with window cleaner. Even tiny bits of adhesive from sticky notes will reflect light and cause a defect.

This HP video is very helpful:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMzQVls32hI

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

Learn how to clean the scanner glass, scanning strip, and ADF duplex background on HP Scanjet Flatbed Scanners with an automatic document feeder (ADF). These...
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation