Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leon8
4 4 0 0
Message 11 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

will not send pin number to my email

Thank you.  It seems HP has a major issue on their hands.  I have two different models that are not emailing scans and pin numbers.  

0 Kudos
YoSing
2 1 0 0
Message 12 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to know the resolution as to why emails are not scanning to emails. It was working earlier this week and according to posts on this site it stopped as of yesterday.

0 Kudos
jr4m
Level 1
9 6 0 1
Message 13 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was told (by phone) that the cloud services server is down (and has been since yesterday).  The support reps are also having their own computer issues and couldn’t communicate from one department to another...  no one has been able to supply support reps with the issues “fix” or a projected timetable for the “fix”.

I filed a “case”, have a case #, and the last support rep stated that they would call me back when they had more information nformation to share.

HP needs to issue a statement regarding these “issues”, or perhaps it’s time to buy new products from a different company.

it’s one thing to have a problem, but it is quite unacceptable to not adequately commnicate with their customer base...

Level 6 PrintApper
Level 6
566 530 17 172
Message 14 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If anyone with this issue can report the domain of their email address (e.g., @gmail, @yahoo, @hotmail, etc.) that may help us to investigate and resolve this issue. We are seeing overall high levels of success in our Scan to Email processes, and are looking for a common issue that may be causing these unfortunate failures for some users. We appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue. 

If you are willing to send your entire email address that is more helpful in investigating this issue.  Do not post your full email address here in this thread. If you are willing to share the full email address you using w/the Scan to Email app, send it to me via private message only. 

To send a private message to me, tap on my user name (PrintApper) to the left, then select the Send a Message option. 

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Leon8
4 4 0 0
Message 15 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have two printers, HP 7720 and HP 8710 that no longer send scans to email or send a pin number when I tried to reset.  This stopped on thursday, October 25, 2018.  My domain name is @tmccoating.com  

I would think that with so many people having this same issue that you would have determined what the fix should be by now.  Very frustrating and unacceptable!!!!  It might be time to move onto another brand.  If it were not for the kind individual on this chain getting a hold of you we probably would still be trying to figure this out.  Your support system is a nighmare!!!

0 Kudos
Level 6 PrintApper
Level 6
566 530 17 172
Message 16 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Leon8 wrote:

@I have two printers, HP 7720 and HP 8710 that no longer send scans to email or send a pin number when I tried to reset.  This stopped on thursday, October 25, 2018.  My domain name is @tmccoating.com  

I would think that with so many people having this same issue that you would have determined what the fix should be by now.  Very frustrating and unacceptable!!!!  It might be time to move onto another brand.  If it were not for the kind individual on this chain getting a hold of you we probably would still be trying to figure this out.  Your support system is a nighmare!!!

Thanks very much for the info and your feedback, appreciate it. 

You say above the service stopped working on October 25, I assume that's a typo and you mean October 2nd or October 5th. Can you confirm which date, please.

While we're investigating this issue, you can try using the HP Smart app to scan from your printer's scanner to email. This will provide the same capability as the scan to email app on the printer, but you can complete the scan on the printer and send the email from the HP Smart app on your mobile device. (You can also upload the scanned item to your cloud storage accounts.) 

Install the HP Smart app from Apple App Store or Google Play Store, launch the app and tap the + sign on the app home screen to add printers on your network to the app's home screen. Then swipe to the printer on the app home screen you want to scan from, and select the Scan to Email option. (Note, Android has separate Camera Scan to Email and Scan to Email options, so make sure you choose the Scan to Email option on Android to use the printer's scanner.  On iOS there is one "Scan to Email" option from which you can choose to scan using your camera or the printer's scanner).  Let me know if you have any difficulty trying that option. 

Apologies to you and others on this thread who have been inconvenienced. 

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Leon8
4 4 0 0
Message 17 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My apologies, the date of Oct 25th was a typo.  the date was October 4th, thursday.

Your suggested solutions are NOT acceptable, I should be able to use the products I purchased with the features promissed!  When can we expect a resolution?

0 Kudos
mb564
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

is there an expected time frame of when we might see a solution to this issue? 

0 Kudos
Level 6 PrintApper
Level 6
566 530 17 172
Message 19 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We realize this is a frustrating issue, but we cannot predict when this issue will be resolved. It is being worked on actively and our goal is to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. 

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation