Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
All in one 6700 premium
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Somehow I have disabled the wireless settings on the printer. I cannot connect to the printer to reset it and it is not possible to access it on the printer display saying " wireless settings unavailable. Contact your administrator"

Can anyone help?

Mats

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mats54,

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the network. Please try the steps below to connect the printer to the wireless network:

Reset network settings

To reset the administrator password and network settings

1. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.

A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

If the issue persists, then you may need to perform a reset on the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Mats54,

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!

I understand that you are unable to connect the printer to the network. Please try the steps below to connect the printer to the wireless network:

Reset network settings

To reset the administrator password and network settings

1. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.

A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

If the issue persists, then you may need to perform a reset on the printer. I am sending you a private message with the steps. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Problem solved
Thank you
Mats
HP Recommended

Hi @Mats54,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need to reset my printer so that I can use the wireless feature.  I currently get a message that says that the Device's wireless function has been disabled. Can you tell me how to do that? I've already tried the reset funtion in the set up and that did not work. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi -  tried the solution you gave to Mats on my Office Jet 6600, but it didn't solve the problem as the wireless has been disabled by system administator. This printer is no longer being used in a corporate environment and I would like to set it up to print wirelessly. Can you please help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.