Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8615
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

:indifferent:

your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem 0x80070005.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

@GrindGurl

Welcome to the HP Forums!

It is a dynamite  place to find answers and information!

I understand you are getting 0x80070005 error on your printer.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue.

Reset the printer

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.

4. Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.

5. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

6. Wait at least 60 seconds.

7. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

8. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

9. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

10. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

11. Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.

12. If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.

13. If you disconnected the USB cable, reconnect it to the rear of the printer.

14. Try to print

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document to know how to update the printer firmware:- https://hp.care/2rwXUxq

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

sandytechy20:   Nope, did not work

HP Recommended

@GrindGurl

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Looks like this is a hardware issue, as you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I removed the ink cartridges, unplugged the printer, waited for at least 60 seconds, plugged it back in, put cartridges back in , same error on HP Officejet Pro 8600, please help!

HP Recommended

Problem solved by clicking on the + sign and adding the same printer again, selecting this one and printing worked, no errors.  I now have the same printer showing up twice, but neither one of them gives me this error.

HP Recommended

I was ready to pull my hair out because I had tried all options.  Then in looking at further details, I was asked if I wanted to make the printer shareable.  I clicked on yes, and WaLa!  the printer worked.

HP Recommended

New HP laptop.  It will not print from HP Officejet PRo 8610.  "an unexpected error in configuration" 0x800705b4.  I tried to install the scan and fix doctor.  Didn't work.  Tried to update hardware-same.

HP Recommended

doesn't work

HP Recommended

I can not get my printer to print anything

Test page will print, but no other documents that I receive from clients will print.

I have not had a problem at all until Monday when I received Documemt from client, since nothing 

will print.

HELP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.