cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

BCU 4.0.13.1 on EliteDesk 800 G2

HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello,

I see EliteDesk 800 G2 is not supported on BCU 4.0.13.1 - can you please advise when the next BCU is due for release to support this model.

I am concerned as regards the question from another user who mentioned TPM chip needs manual intervention - this has not happened on any other models (incl notebook G2 versions).

I phoned the HP support line who had no idea what the BCU was and kept repeating you do not need this just press F10 to change BIOS settings!!!

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Level 2
23 23 2 2
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you describe more details what you have tried and BCU 4.0.13.1 did not work?

Does your system have the latest version of BIOS? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use BCU 4.0.15.1 with several models of HP. However on the HP Elitedesk 800 g2 sff I get

<ERROR msg=BCU "System not supported. Unable to connect to HP WIM namespace:'root\HP'" />

<ERROR msg="BCU Return value" Real"16" translated="16" />

BCU 4.0.15.1 works well with my other HP hardware models including the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 USDT.

When the above error was generated all I had done was use the /getconfig:[somefilename.txt] switch.

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From BCU manual:

Q: What do I do if I get this message: ‘Warning BCU Return Value Real="16" Translated="16"’?

A: If BCU returns value real 16, translated 16, the file could not be read or, more specifically, the BIOS configuration could not be read.

Reboot the computer and copy BCU to the target device local storage. Running BCU from the network can give you the BCU return value real = 16. Run the command prompt as an administrator of the computer, and make sure that the location you are writing the BIOS config file to is writable to the administrator account and also on the same local storage.

The file BCUErr.cfg contains a table that BCU uses to map actual return values to translated ones. The default table maps actual values to identical values of translated ones.

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BTW BCU 4.0.13.1 was not officially supported for the G2's, BCU 4.0.15.1 is not officially supported on the G3's

0 Kudos
2 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is that documented somewhere? If so I would really appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

0 Kudos
3 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

open this link:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_BCU.html

take the sp number, in this case,sp74840, pump into google and open the first link which opens the text document for the sp, i.e. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74840.html

in here you will see the G2's are supported but the G3's are not.

also pump "hp bios config" and you can download the pdf's:

https://whp-aus1.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/BIOS_Configuration_Utility_Use...

http://whp-aus1.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/HP_BCU_FAQ.pdf

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation