cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Ondes
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

BUC error 16 with motherboard FOXCONN 2ABF

HP Recommended
HP Pro 3550
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have two HP 3550 with Foxconn 2ABF motherboard.

When i try to get Bios infomation with BUC I have error 16.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

Sebastien

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
vtby
Level 2
23 23 2 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

HP BCU communicates to BIOS through WMI and is unable to perform any functions without it.   If proper WMI support is not present, there is nothing that BCU can do to solve it.

According to the BCU user guide on the Manageability website http://whp-aus1.cold.extweb.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/BIOS_Configuration_Utility_User... , the error 16 is "BCU was unable to connect to HP BIOS WMI. WMI classes are corrupted or the system is not supported."

In a post from Richard429, he  mentioned that some HP systems do not native support WMI to the BIOS.  It depends upon which models and how old they are.

If the system does not contain WMI support, it will return one of the following codes.

Return code 23: "System not supported. Unable to connect to WMI HP_InstrumentedBIOS."
     Return code 24: "System not supported. Unable to connect to HP WMI namespace."
     Return code 25: "System not supported. Unable to connect to PUBLIC WMI namespace."

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/HP-Client-Management-Interface-Which-

Versions/td-p/5082482

You might want to  update the BIOS to the latest or update again.

Another try is to install HP CMI Providers software then rerun BCU.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation