Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Sivajith Tutor
Tutor
16 0 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Bios language change in HP Z420 workstation PC

Hello members,

I am using a HP Z420 Workstation PC. I purchased this through a French vendor, the BIOS menu is in French. Is there is anyway to change the bios language to English ?

Bios Version 03.85
American Megatrends V.2.15.1229

P.S. This thread has been moved from Workstations - z series, xw series, and legacy x and w series to HP PC Client Management. - Hp Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES
Grad Student Grad Student
Grad Student
234 35 67
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Go to HP.com, click on Support, Download Drivers.  Put in Z420 in the Product Name, then select the Z420 Workstation.   This will bring up the Drivers page.  Select your operating system version.  (This is the normal place to find drivers) 

Under "Software - System Management" down load the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU) (International).  This tool will create a dump text file of your BIOS settings.  One can edit this file, then use the changed file to update the BIOS settings.

In this file, there is a section for "Setup Language", with several languages listed below.  The language with the * in front of it is the one that is enabled.  In your case, remove the * from before French and add the * before English.  Then follow the instructions on how to use this file to update your BIOS settings. 

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you problem was solved. This helps other forum readers.
0 Kudos
Sivajith Tutor
Tutor
16 0 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That Works. Thanks a lot...... 

Spoiler

@Dan_in_WGBU wrote:

Go to HP.com, click on Support, Download Drivers.  Put in Z420 in the Product Name, then select the Z420 Workstation.   This will bring up the Drivers page.  Select your operating system version.  (This is the normal place to find drivers) 

Under "Software - System Management" down load the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU) (International).  This tool will create a dump text file of your BIOS settings.  One can edit this file, then use the changed file to update the BIOS settings.

In this file, there is a section for "Setup Language", with several languages listed below.  The language with the * in front of it is the one that is enabled.  In your case, remove the * from before French and add the * before English.  Then follow the instructions on how to use this file to update your BIOS settings. 

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation