cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
thepoeta15
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 1 of 131
Flag Post

Can't Sync Contacts and Calendar -- Look Here

HP Recommended

Ok, to quell the confusion on this issue let me fix the general errors with this so others here can see why this is caused and how to fix it.

First if you cannot sync contacts and calendar and only those two items check your hotsync log. And look for contacts and calendar if you do not see these items this means you have an exchange server setup on the device or did at one point. To fix this go into email(Versamail) and tap on your account name in the top left then go to accounts and account setup. Once in here check all your accounts by clicking on them and then hitting edit. Look for EAS or only one server address. If this is what you have you are syncing to exchange and Versamail takes over contacts and calendar from hotsync. This cannot be changed. If you do not have EAS or one server on the device. It is possible that Versamail is holding the contacts and calendar due to you had exchange before. If this is the case the only thing you can do is a hard reset to resolve the issue. I understand that most cannot backup there data(contacts and calendar). But to fix this issue you will need to do the hard reset.

If you are not using exchange and find contacts and calendar in your hotsync log but have OLERR under them please look at this KB for possible fixes to this issue. http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/NUA/launchKB.asp?c=31167

Lastly if you are using Verizon's WirelessSync. Just by having this installed will disable contacts and calendar from syncing. To enable this go into WirelessSync then settings-->advanced settings and enable other sync applications.

Post relates to: Treo 800w (Sprint)

130 REPLIES 130
BOLTRON73
Level 5
229 225 14 22
Message 2 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended
And also if you've checked on enable other sync apps on the wirelessync go to what to sync uncheck the box for contacts,calendar,tasks,memo to prevent duplications..

Post relates to: Centro (Unlocked GSM)

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
wideout
Just joined
4 4 0 1
Message 3 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. However, none of the solutions that are posted with the link worked for my lifedrive and I continue to receive the "Outlook Calendar sync failed" error message with seven OLERR error messages that follow. In addition to the solutions you have posted, might you have another?

Thanks for your help.

Post relates to: LifeDrive

thepoeta15
Author
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 4 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I gave directions if you do have OLERR. There is a link that you overlooked.

pati13
Just joined
4 4 0 1
Message 5 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm not very knowledgeable about my Palm but do love it.  I use my yahoo calendar and contacts most often and had them syncing to Outlook 97 so they would then sync to my Palm.  After the latest update my Palm no longer supports Outlook 97.  Is there a way to sync my calendar and contacts without updating Outlook?  I have never had the mail synced so I can still get by without it.

Post relates to: Tungsten E2

spdfrq
Just joined
1 1 0 1
Message 6 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I have been looking for why everything syncs except calendar and contacts for a couple weeks and this is exactly my problem. I sync with my Outlook at the office which is on Exchange. I thought I would be clever and attempt to setup a VPN/Exchange connection via the Treo. I never completed it amd forgot I even tried.

I selected the Exchange account from my account list and deleted it and all is well.

Thanks again,

Greg

Post relates to: Treo 755p (Sprint)

thepoeta15
Author
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 7 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended

pati13?

What update did you do that does not allow this type of synchronization?

Message Edited by thepoeta15 on 03/10/2009 11:13 AM
Illuminati_1
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 8 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I'm having this issue, but can't find any issues with an Exchange server (I don't work in a big office, and we don't have one set up).  My phone did a hard reset this past weekend when I tried to send a picture via Snappermail (which I use instead of Versamail, if it matters); I was able ot restore all my data with the next hotsync, but, after that, it stopped syncing the Contacts and Callendar (but the hotsync log shows no errors--although it also doesn't say htey synchronized correctly, either).  I've tried doing what was suggested in the first post of this thread (to the best of my ability--as I don't use Versamail, I just tried to do the same thing with Snapper, and made sure no accounts were up on Versamail).  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the Desktop, and performed a hard reset on my Treo.  Still, nothing.  I'd backed up the contacts and addresses on my memory card with FileZ, and that's the only place I've got the current info--I somehow lost the separate back-up I'd created on my desktop (outside of my Palm folder) for my contacts, although the datebook info is still there.  I'm using Vista, and running Desktop 6.2.2.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated immensely--I've lost a few nights sleep trying to get this figured out, and am at the end of my rope.  Thanks!

thepoeta15
Author
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 9 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Can you post your hotsync log? Also when you do the hard reset have you renamed your backup folder?

Illuminati_1
Level 1
4 4 0 2
Message 10 of 131
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

When I chose to do the hard reset, I copied the back-up folder onto my desktop; I don't think I renamed it in the regular folder.  I then copied that folder back into the proper Palm folder after the next hotsync, and it still wouldn't reinstall the data on my phone.  

And I've copied-and-pasted the most recent hotsyinc log below; please let me know if I should post any older ones or the raw file.  Thanks again!

-------

HotSync session completed with errors on 03/26/09 15:28:48

•   HotSync session started on 03/26/09 15:25:38, and completed in 190.0 seconds
  •   To Do List synchronized successfully
    •   Duration: 0.3 seconds
  •   Memo Pad synchronized successfully
    •   Duration: 0.8 seconds
  •   Media synchronized successfully
    •   Duration: 2.6 seconds
  •   Backed up some files successfully to Illuminati's Backup folder
    •   Duration: 178.9 seconds
    •   Backed up 10 file(s) successfully
      •   AddressingLibRecent-HsCh
      •   Snapper-MsgContent-Snpm
      •   Snapper-Prefs-Snpm
      •   Snapper-MsgList-Snpm
      •   Snapper-MsgMime-Snpm
      •   Messages Database
      •   Blazer Field Autofill
      •   PhoneCallDB
      •   Cookie Data
      •   Saved Preferences
    •   Failed to backup 1 file(s)
      •   PmTraceDatabase

Message Edited by Illuminati on 03-26-2009 03:43 PM
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation