cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rmendes
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Compaq mini 311-1031ev restore disk

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been given a notebook compaq mini 311-1031ev with windowx xp home edition that I would need to reset to factory defaul settings, but aperently the restore drive is not there and I do not have any cd\dvd to restore this. Is there any way that I can get a kit for this from HP or somewhere else?

Thanks and rgs,

Ricardo Mendes

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Checkurtech
Level 8
1,506 1,473 80 316
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi ,

Dont spend money or time reinstalling XP because it's not supported by Microsoft after April 4th this year . You can maybe upgrade to Vista and at best Windows 7 BUT before you entertain this option you will need to research to wether your notebooks hardware will support either Vista / Windows 7 . 

Checkurtech

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation