cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Cyril_C
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Data protector & Veeam images

HP Recommended

Hey

I'm trying to backup veeam files (vbk , vib) using HPDP incrémental mode . The goal is to backup only new files with something like 2 weeks retention

So i did a first complete backup of my veeam directory with permanent retention , and then modified the job to set a 2 weeks retention for the following backups:  it did the trick for 2 weeks but this morning , HPDP did a new complete backup , not only the last files created during the night

Veeam retetion is also 2 weeks so maybe this behavior is normal ...when the files composing the full backup reference are deleted , the next backup becomes a complete backup

Any idea? Maybe this is not the correct method to backup this kind of files ...i have seen a post where the administrators use symbolic links in a dedicated backup directory to backup only the files they need

1 REPLY 1
Dennis_Handly
Level 7
1,515 1,496 30 63
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is the wrong company for Servers, Storage, Networking and Software. Please use the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community:
https://community.hpe.com/t5/Data-Protector-Practitioners/bd-p/itrc-251

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation