cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Elitebook Revolve 810 G3 - BIOS Configuration Utility BCU Failing to Enable Bluetooth

HP Recommended

We have a load of new HP Elitebook Revolve 810 G3 machines that (for some SKU reason) shipped with the Bluetooth disabled.

I have confirmed the module is the HP 783721-001 Wifi ac/BT4 card (Intel® 7265 AC 802.11 ac (2x2) Bluetooth® 4.0 Combo in the Quickspecs).

Running the BCU (latest version 3.2.3.1, but also tried 3.0.13.1) and using /Get pulls up:

Embedded Bluetooth Device
*Disable
Enable

And the Bluetooth FCC ID is "No Device Present". I would assume that is because the device is disabled.

Running the BCU with a set file of:

English
; Enable Bluetooth BIOS Script
;

Embedded Bluetooth Device
Disable
*Enable

Returns a changeStatus fail for Embedded Bluetooth Device, the reason being "SetBIOSSetting: Not Supported" BCU error value 13.

We had tested this on a G2 (and a 1040) with no issues. This is running the script both normal and with Admin rights. On the G2, we actually further complicate things with a BIOS password that BCU works through.

The G3 BIOS itself does not have a section for Embedded Bluetooth Device. However, neither did the G2.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Notebook - HP ProBook, ZBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE to HP PC Client Management. - Hp Forum moderator

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For more information.

Tested the process on a G2 that has a Non-Bluetooth card and got the same result.

Now in the start I noted a weird SKU that shipped with Bluetooth off. That data is:

G7H33AV 

MISC Bluetooth Disabled

But the device has this for WLAN

J2H95AV 

WLAN I 7265 ac 2x2 +BT 4.0 LE MOW

Shows that the Bluetooth Disabled line item is "Permanently Disable Bluetooth".

We had been told this was a BIOS toggle. I'm beginning to wonder if the device has no Bluetooth at all due to a override killing the functionality that is not reversable. That'd be terrible.

I'd note that in the G2 with no Bluetooth, at least the BIOS setting is set to Enabled. In the G3, it's set to Disable, leaving me with that glimmer of hope.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is there an entry for Bluetooth when you access settings using F10 prior to booting the OS?

Can you enable or disable BT from the F10 access ?

If you can provide a sku number, I may be able to at least determine if the sku has the BT permanently disabled.

Future questions regarding BCU may have a similar response time by posting to the HP PC Client Management forum.

Like other forums here, the client management forum is a peer to peer forum but there are some employees with related client management experience that subscribe to it and volunteer their time to answer questions when they can assist.

This forum is not monitored by these employees.

Thanks,

Richard

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson. Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
126 126 10 10
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Product Bulletin
Intel 7265 AC 802.11 ac (2x2) Bluetooth 4.0 Combo****
****The specifications for the 802.11ac WLAN are draft specifications and are not final. If the final specifications differ from the draft specifications, it may affect the ability of the notebook to communicate with other 802.11ac WLAN devices.

try update BIOS to 01.01

-------------------------------
My English Is not good, sorry
-------------------------------
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation