cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
rmendes
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP 15-N251EP touchpad freezes

HP Recommended
HP 15-N251EP
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

AMD A10-4655M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 2.00 GHz

4 GB RAM

64 Bits

Hi to all,

Yould like to ask if someone that as one as this as the same issues. I bought this laptop a year ago and since then I always had this issue. I keep getting my touch pad mouse pointer freezing from time to time specially when heavly using it. 

What happens is that the mouse freezes but everything else seems to continue to work.

I also have issues with applications freezing and stop working, and getting the information that the app is not responding.

What I notice is that most of this happens with the disk is at 100% and this happen by for example watching a video online and having another app open on the laptop. 

I already test the disk with hp tools and found no error.  

Can one of the reasons be to pagefilesystem? or it is just because this is a low line laptop that really does not handle windows 8.1 and some apps?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Rgs,

Ricardo Mendes

1 REPLY 1
KNRK
Level 12
Level 12
4,320 4,242 442 1,122
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Dear Customer,

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

It looks like you are facing difficulties with the Touchpad of your Notebook
We will surely assist you with this

Steps to drain the Static charge and loading default BIOS settings to resolve the issue
Step 01. Turn OFF the Notebook

Step 02. Un-plug the Power/AC Adapter and also remove the Battery too

Step 03. Press and Hold the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minute

Step 04. Now let's re-insert the battery back in and plug back the Power/AC Adapter

Step 05. Start the Notebook and keep tapping F10 Key during the startup to access the BIOS

Step 06. Once you get to the BIOS, Please press F5 Key to load setup defaults for the BIOS

Step 07. Now let's press Esc/Escape Key. Save Changes and Exit - Yes

Step 08. Now please wait till the Unit loads the Windows Operating system

Now please re-install the touchpad drivers from HP Website in order to resolve the issue

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K N R K
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
I am an HP Employee
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation