cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Miki567
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP BIOS Configurat​ion Utility on Windows XP

HP Recommended

Hi,

i use HP BIOS Configuration Utility version 3.2.3.1 with HPQ Password 1.1.12.1 for change BIOS settings. On Windows 7 everything work good but on Windows XP i have this error:

<BIOSCONFIG Version="3.2.3.1" Computername="" Date="2014/11/12" Time="13:42:11" UTC="1" >
<ERROR msg="Password in file test.bin could not be decrypted." />
<ERROR msg="BCU return value" real="30" translated="30" />
</BIOSCONFIG>
ERROR: Error during CryptAcquireContext. LastError = 0x80090019

Can you help me?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
vtby
Level 2
23 23 2 2
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

According to the BCU release notes,  BCU version 3.0.3.1 and higher does not support XP systems that have set the BIOS setup password.

If you want to set/modify the setup password  or change the BIOS settings with current setup password on XP system,  try to use BCU version 2.60.13.1. This version supports clear text password.

The release notes can be found at

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/download.html

Look in the table for BIOS Configuration Utility under "BIOS Tools" category.  The  "Notes" icon is next to sp68876.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation