cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 1 of 18
Flag Post

HP Client Integration Kit - SCCM 2012

HP Recommended

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with using this plugin for SCCM? I cannot find any documentation on its use. 

I have it installed and it allows you to import driver packs, import winpe packs and gives you Task Sequence templates but the problem i am having is that every import i try to do just fails. It could import a hundred drivers and then just suddenly bug out on one driver and the whole process fails. 

Does anyone have it working? Had similar problems? Documentation?

Thanks

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 2 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The CIK SoftPaq (sp64311.exe) contains the file name "HP CIK for Configuration Manager 2012 User Guide.pdf"

Although the first line in the document also refers to it as a technical white paper, the document is not currently present on the manageability portal as an independent download.

I am not certain where the document is placed upon installation of the SoftPaq but you should be able to perform a file search and find it after the SoftPaq is installed.

Client management tools can be found at http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement
Look in the Resources menu for items such as the HP CMS Download Library, HP CMS Whitepapers or HP Driver Packs

Richard
I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson. Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 3 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

That is helpful Richard. That doc contains lots of useful information but unfortunately i still have trouble importing driver packs and the error messages are very generic. 

For example, i get this error message when trying to create the HP Boot Image from the WinPE 4.0 pack:

2014/04/09 11:45:42.350 :: Adding \\angpmgt01\HPCIK\Drivers\sp64529\hp_dt_nb_wks_1.01\x64_winpe\driver - network\intel\WIN81\E1D64x64.INF to SCCM.
2014/04/09 11:45:43.431 :: queryException ExtendedStatusErrorCode:1633
2014/04/09 11:45:43.436 :: Failed to create or retrieve driver object.
2014/04/09 11:45:43.541 :: Error occured while trying to import WinPE drivers.
2014/04/09 11:45:43.548 :: Action create WinPE boot image(s) done.
2014/04/09 11:45:43.551 :: Display result message.
2014/04/09 11:45:50.989 :: Internal create WinPE boot image(s) exception:
HP.Client.SccmCommon.HPCIKException: Failed to import a driver into SCCM.
at HP.Client.Sccm2012.IntegrationKit.CreateBootImage.<DoWork>b__0()

I will attach both log files here for review. 

Is this forum a suitable place to seek assistance with this matter?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 16 1 0
Message 4 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you help me out with a few questions.

I need to know what server version you are running as well as the SCCM version and ADK.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 5 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Scott,

It is Server 2012 Standard and SCCM 2012 SP1 - Version 5.0.7804.1000

ADK - 8.59.25584

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 16 1 0
Message 6 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I will see what I can find out with that setup.

Give me a few days.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 7 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you. I can attach any other SCCM logs you may require also

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
16 16 1 0
Message 8 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I have found a few things.

WE know of an situation that can cause drivers to fail to be pulled into the boot.wim. This has to do with the way the ADK performes the WHQL check.

This forum shows the exact issue you are seeing and it seems that dropping back to an older version of the ADK may fix the issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b53092a5-a1d0-403d-a57b-bea7ac11e49e/sccm-2012-r2-p...

Please have a look at that.

In general I am noticing that Server/SCCM/ADK must fit together. So Server 2012 SCCM 2012SP1 may need ADK8.0 which is based on Win8 which is what Server 2012 is based on. This will allow Win8.0 WHQL drivers to import correctly into WinPE4(Win8.0)

Please try matching the Server/SCCM/ADK so they are on the same base OS.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
10 8 0 0
Message 9 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I installed ADK version 8.100.x but i still get errors. I enabled detailed logging but it is still unclear to me. 

Here is the log file for my last attempt

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 10 of 18
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did have some problems with drivers inside SCCM and it was all related to permissions on the driver share.

The Configuration Manager 2012 System account must have Read and Write permissions to the specified driver package source folder.Might be worth a try.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation