cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Red_H
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Envy M6 - Win 8.1 - Audio Problem

HP Recommended

Hello I have a HP Envy M6 laptop with Windows 8 64-bit, reccently I updated to Windows 8.1 as it would only make sence. However, after the update was complete and the system restarted, I noticed that no audio was playing. Also the volume buttons no longer function and under the settings charm, the volume now says disabled, unable to be clicked on. Neither the speakers or headphones play audio anymore. Opeining up the sound panel shows that 'No audio devices are installed' as seen here:

After browsing other forum posts about the subject, I tried updating driver software and although it did find new software it failed to install it because 'a device attached to the system is not functioning' :

After this I tried uninstalling an reinstalling however this also failed to fix the problem. If anyone has the same problem, or can help in any way, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,778
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please provide the correct model number or product number of your notebook:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
You must have the product number or model number to get technical help or find updated drivers & software. There are several ways to locate the product number and serial number on your PC
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Red_H
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The model number is: m6-1125dx

0 Kudos
Vidya
Level 14
Level 14
6,936 6,932 720 2,778
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please download and install the driver from the following weblink which might resolve the issue:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59861.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Red_H
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thank you so much! The audio now is completely functional! Audio comes in clear and crisp! I can't thank you enough for your help, thanks for the support!
0 Kudos
Deyan89
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, my microphone doesn't work either. I have HP envy Touchsmart m6 sleekbook. The model is m6--k025dx. It hasn't worked at all since I bought the computer in December. What can we do about it? 

0 Kudos
Ironhide18
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I Have this exact same problem, however I downloaded that driver you have posted. Maybe I havent installed it right... but this is what i did. 

1. Downloaded and saved to desktop.

2.Found Driver that says it has error under device manager in control panel.

3.Searched hardware in the folder that i saved your driver in (desktop) and it just says that there is no driver in that folder...... Any help?

0 Kudos
Deyan89
3 2 0 0
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey, I have the same problem. I posted my question and no one answered it. Could I get a technician involved, pleasE?

0 Kudos
minkoo
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have recently started experiencing audio problem with my HP Envy M6, I bought this less than a year ago, I downloaded the audio driver several times from the hp support site, post which it works for some programs but it does not work with Skype and throws a message that the audio device is not working properly. please help

rg

minkoo

[edited email address by Moderator]

0 Kudos
george-p
Retired
Retired
15,312 9,281 123 369
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi minkoo ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I needed to edit your post and remove the email address. In accordance with our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation