cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
r_widell
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP-SDM 4.2.2.0 hangs

HP Recommended
HP-SDM
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a used (new to me) Elitebook 8470P with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

The previous owner had replaced the original drive with a smaller (250 GB) Seagate Momentus 7200.4, but hadn't re-installed all of the original drivers and HP-supplied SW. Since I had a spare 500 GB drive laying around (Also a Seagate Momentus), I decided to replace the drive before loading up the drivers and SW.

Everything was peachy until I installed HP-SDM 4.2.2.0 (SMM version 3.2.4.1) to try installing the as-shipped (but updated) drivers and applications.

SDM starts the downloads fine, but then hangs. E.g. It's been sitting at "Download completed 9 of 41." for the last 5 hours, with no sign of network activity (no flashing LEDs) on either the computer or the switch it's connected to.

The network connection is fine. I can ping from the command prompt, and I'm currently using the same machine to post this message.

I welcome suggested solutions to this problem.

If you need more data, please tell me what you need and I'll try to supply it.

Thanks,

ron

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation