cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Keslaa
Level 2
24 17 1 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Softpaq Download Manager 4.2.2

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I went to run SDM and was forced to run the update to 4.2.2. After installation, SDM will not launch at all. No splash screen, no pop-ups, nothing. The most activity I see is two dllhost.exe entries (description: "COM Surrogate")in my task manager window that show up for about 5-6 seconds and then disappear. Subsequent uninstalls/reinstalls have had no affect. I also tried installing an older version but even that will not launch. I have confirmed this problem on three different models of computers, all running Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit. I did not see any entries in the event viewer nor in the anti-virus logs (Symantec Endpoint Protection).

Has anyone else run into this issue? Where can I look to resolve this? Thank you for your time.

UPDATE:

I was able to download and install version 4.0.0 on two separate systems and it is working as expected now. I get prompted whether I want to update, but I have a choice. When I opened version 3.5.4, I didn't have a choice and the application was just updated.

When I did the last uninstall, I removed all folders and registry entries related to SDM before installing 4.0.0. I don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Also, when I had installed v3.5.4 and v4.2.2, the install directory wa:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP SoftPaq Download Manager.

The directory for version 4.0.0 is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP SoftPaq Download Manager.

Difference is highlighted in red

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation