Hello, I'm conducting research on the HP SoftPaq program to determine if it should be permitted to be installed. I have a few questions that need to be answered for submission -
1) List of current and previous version numbers and release dates for HP SoftPaq
2) Is HP SoftPaq HIPAA compliant?
3) Is HP SoftPaq FIPS 140-2 certified?
4) Can you provide a VPAT (Voluntary Product Accessibility Template) for this product?
5) Phone, email & POC contacts for HP SoftPaq product support.
6) Are there any known vulnerabilities with HP SoftPaq?
7) List of known standards or protocols used by this software? (i.e. ftp, etc.).
😎 Is HP SoftPaq packaged with any third party standalone software?
9) What are the components of the HP SoftPaq product?
10) What database technology is used for the for SDM database?
Thank you for your assistance.
It sounds like you are researching this subject for a work environment.
Know that our Community forum is not a direct conduit to HP Technical Support.
HP provides a forum presence for the purposes of administration and oversight.
We can offer our opinions, such as they are.
My personal opinion is that the tools in the Software Download Manager are worth investigation. At the very least, the suite can be used to query Driver information for individual systems and / or series.
Should you not have a fleet contract, you can contact HP for an individually warrantied system: