cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
vonahne26
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP sold me an Office Key that has already been registered

HP Recommended
Envy 17-t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I just bought my laptop and an Office 2016 key was bundled with the laptop. I found the sticker with the key in the bottom of the box. It was not pre-installed so I started the process of registering the key with my email. When I tried it told me it was already registered to nr*****@163.com. When I contacted HP support they said they could not help unless I paid for their software support, or contact Microsoft. Microsoft support was no help and I am not paying to recover the code that I bought. I thought that maybe I could get help here before I start the process of returning the laptop, and going with a laptop company that would sell me a software key that has not already been used by someone.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jlwalling
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This happen to me also software registered to t*****@136.com. Microsft told me HP redeems the code on behalf of the customer and I need to get the Microsoft Account and password associated with the subscription. I also spent 3 hours on hold getting transfered 4 times to be told I needed to purchase their software support. As far as I know there is nothing wrong with any of the items laptop or software just they gave me a product key someone at HP already associated with an account.

0 Kudos
kmillertx
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I haven't called HP or MS support, but I'm getting the same run-around from the online activation.  Does anyone have a workaround for this?

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation