cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TreyUF
5 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HPDM pushing connections

HP Recommended

We are working with several different types of thin Clients that are using different type of connections (some use Citrix and others use VMware). We set up a schedule that will push out the correct connection setting to the machines (depending on what group they are set to) at startup. The problems beings when the connection setting is sent. It will restart the machine, which will start a never ending reboot, send, reboot, send...... Is there a way to keep HPDM from rebooting the machine after it pushes the connection settings?

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_Chen
3 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Trey, can you attach the exported template?  BTW, which version of DM are you using?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Deruijter
Level 1
8 5 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm running into the same issue. Has someone found a solution (or a work-around) for this yet?

Actually I want one of two things:

1. Push a connection on startup, without rebooting the client

or

2. Push a connection on startup, if a client does not have that connection (yet)

For the first option, I would need a setting of some sort to prevent rebooting after running the Push Connection task (maybe on the rule itself?).

For the second option, I would need a Device Filter that gives me devices that should have that connection, but don't have it yet.

So it would consist of two parts: 

- Is hostname like [prefix_connectionname] // To determine it needs this connection
- Is [current connection] (or maybe [Extended Property]?) NOT [desired connection] // To determine it doesn't have it yet

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation