Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Hp protect tools

HP Recommended
HP ProtectTools Security Manag
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Are there any plans by HP to update the tool package to run with Windows 10?

The error message I got was a missing .Net framework

i like being able to use my fingerprint to access anything that's password protected.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 16
25,081 24,631 3,563 7,992
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JackPrieto

Try here.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6943827&swItemId=ob_150883_1&swEnvOid=419...

REO

If you need further assistance please start a new post as I no longer will be a part of the HP Support Community.
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding but I think you missed the point. The URL points to the driver. The question is about the tool set that allows you to use a fingerprint any time a login is required i.e. a password protected document, spreadsheeet, mail program, and so on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this link:   http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_158160_1#tab1  for HP Client Security Manager v. 8.3.17.2042 Rev. A, (SP74101.exe) (Dec. 3, 2015) for Win 7, 8.x, and 10 (all both 32 & 64 bit).

I'm running Win 10 Pro-64 on a EliteBook Folio 1040 G1 with Synaptics (Validity)FP sensor (VFM-495) WBF driver v.4.5.307.0 rev. A (SP71833).  Password Manager is still there, with support for FPs, smartcards, etc.  Website, application, power-on authorization, and Win logon are all supported, as is One Step logon.  No problems after about 2 weeks use except when accessing websites with 3+ sets of credentials, ie, a webmail site using 4 different email addresses,  It will handle it, but messes up the account field name sometimes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 1 0 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP has created a new Security Manager for Windows 10.  It is called HP Security Manager - it is on their support page.  I installed it, then added Device Access Manager and File Shredder from Protect Tools.  All works fine, except when I want to manage my password list.  Issues there that I am trying to find an answer for

0 Kudos
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation