cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Speedo
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

LaserJet 2600N and ATT UVerse

HP Recommended

After switching to ATT UVerse, which uses a 3Wire integrated Cable modem and wired/wireless router, I can't print to my 2600N via the network.  Is is configured with a static IP address (192.168.1.100) and has no address conflicts with other devices.  The installation utility will see the printer at that address and install without error.  However, no print jobs go through to the printer.  Print jobs will appear in the print queue with a status of spooling that drop out as if they printed, but no output is generated at the printer, nor are there any error indicators on the printer (it is just on line and ready).  I've tried disabling all firewall software on client PCs (three different ones running Vista) but all have the same problem.

USB printing to the one printer that is close enough to do so works and I brought in a Windows 7 PC to diagnose the problem and that worked.

All printers can ping that IP address.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
jbrealtor
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have had same issue with uverse 2wire router and 2600n as well as hp cp1518ni.

Router will assign ip however pc on win 7 cannot find or install on network.  I can install manually 

using dynamic or static ip assigned to printer however when i do i get the same error of no actual transmission of

print job to printer. Sometimes pc cannot communicate at all others the printer will say printing but never actually do anything and never give error message.

0 Kudos
Herculean
Level 5
Level 5
311 311 10 71
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation