cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Rompergurl
4 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Losing Sound after installing Nvidia GeForce 8400GS video card

HP Recommended

After installing a Nvidia GeForce 8400GS video card the sound on my Pavilion a1540n desktop loses sound every 2-3 days or as soon as I hibernate the system.  The only way I can get it back is to disable then re-enable the Realtek audio device and then turn the computer off and back on.  It will not reappear with a restart it has to be a cold boot.  I updated the software and drivers on the video card and checked for updated drivers from HP on the sound but nothing helps.  A friend mentioned that on-board sound can be more sensitive than a separate sound card and something is probably in conflict.  Any suggestions before I have to put out extra bucks for a new sound card?  I really don't want to do that!  Your help will be much appreciated and Merry Christmas to all!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
24,629 24,281 2,834 10,371
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

RG, I am not certain that I agree with your friend.  Normally, the onboard sound will be less of a problem than a separate sound card.  I would update the driver for the onboard sound and also the latest driver for the video card.  Let us know if this helps.

I am not an HP Employee!!

Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation