cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jdt314
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Multiple drivers in Softpaqs when "Show Latest SoftPaqs" is selected

HP Recommended
All

Hello,

In the SDM I've clicked "Show Latest SoftPaqs" and it does reduce the number in the list and show only the latest there, but after I import the package into MDT it displays duplicates of many of the drivers, sometimes as many as 20 drivers for a single device.  The drivers are sometimes named differently, but other times are exactly the same with a different guid.

1.) Why so many drivers for one device?

2.) Do I need all of them for some special reason or is it ok to delete all but the latest?

3.) Is this just a bug or are there plans for the softpaq's to contain only the latest drivers when "Show Latest SoftPaqs" is selected?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
karthikeyan77
Level 4
Level 4
109 109 10 14
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi ,

In the Hp soft pac down load manager , to find the driver you need to click on check for the updates for this unit 

There it will show you the list of driver and the Hp softwares which are compatable for your unit .

You can select the latest version of driver and the software which you require to install in the unit .

If you have further dout with selecting the drivers version .

Please share me the picture of the screen . So that I can assist you with that .

Link for the latest  HP SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM)

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/HP_SDM.html

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!

r-K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
jdt314
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply.  What you mentioned is what I did initially and verified that only the latest softpaqs were showing and only one version of each.  Then I clicked the download button and set it to build a cab file.  The problem is when I import the cab into MDT.   In some cases it shows many of the same file while other times it shows slightly different ones.  Below are a few examples.

mdt1.PNG

mdt2.PNG

mdt3.PNG

0 Kudos
karthikeyan77
Level 4
Level 4
109 109 10 14
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi ,

May i know the SDM version installed in the unit ?

r-K

Karthikeyan S
I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
jdt314
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Version is 4.3.4.0

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation