cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
eariverap
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

PC Notebook HP G42-464LA

HP Recommended

how can i find this   pc  PC Notebook HP G42-464LA on hp softpaq update  plz help me

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
richard429
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP G42 series of notebooks are not part of the Commercial Managed IT (CMIT) line of systems.

As result, they are not included in the catalog of products supported by SoftPaq Download Manager (SDM).

Drivers for HP G42-464LA can be obtained from:

HP G42 Driver Support Page

This is a manual process. 

Production of these units originally began in March of 2010 and were targeted for consumers/individuals such as students or home use.

You may find using HP Support Assistant a better solution. 

It was pre-installed on all new PC's with Windows 7 or Windows 8 since fall of 2012. 

I do not have a G42 or information concerning how far back models are supported so I am unable to confirm if it supports the G42.

Link to HPSA webpage, including download of the application -

HP Support Assistant

Thanks,

Richard

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson.  Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

0 Kudos
eariverap
Author
Just joined
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how can i restore the bios system ? if there's not hp tools for it ? and hp tools partition is deleted is there another way  to fix it ?

0 Kudos
richard429
Level 4
103 99 4 4
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>>>>  how can i restore the bios system ? if there's not hp tools for it ?

Both the BIOS and the drivers for HP G42-464LA can be obtained from:

HP G42 Driver Support Page

Scroll down the page to the BIOS  listing.

The BIOS can be installed without an hp tools partion.

>>>>  and hp tools partition is deleted is there another way  to fix it ?

The only method that I know of to restore the HP tools partition is to use the original restore/recovery disks.

If you did not create the factory restore disks at time of purchase, it may be possible to purchase them.

Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Note - this will restore the system to the factory image and will overwrite all you current settings, programs AND data.

You must backup all data and will need installation disks or programs for all software that was added after purchase.

If you continue to have issues, there are many people in the consumer forum that have much more experience than I do with consumer units and can find better help there.

HP Support Forums -

Thanks,

Richard

I work for HP but am not a company spokesperson.  Participation in the community forums is voluntary.

-

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation