cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
answerquest
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Power Director 12 - Bundled - Not Able to Install Patch Off Cyberlink Website

HP Recommended
Desktop HP Pavilion 500-539
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

System purchased February 2015 bundled with PD12 version 12.0.2.3317. There are two updates to PD12 available on Cyberlink's website 3403 and 4210. Tried installing both, thinking that 4210 might be dependent on 3403 though it doesn't look like it.

In both cases the install is interrupted by an Install Wizard message: "You do not have the required version of the program installed on your system. The install will abort. Contact your application provider." I took this to mean 'contact Cyberlink'. Created a ticket with Cyberlink to which they have replied that since this is a bundled version of PD12 I need to contact HP. I am holding off responding to this until I (hopefully) hear your take on it.

I've now completed a review of all possible upgrades available using the HP Support tools. Under Software/Multimedia there is nothing available for Cyberlink, let alone PD12, for my system - automatically and correctly identified when I arrived at Support tools. Interestingly, one of the HP tutorial videos uses Software/Multimedia as a learning example, and Cyberlink products are listed! Go figure.

Any ideas why this is happening, and where to go from here. I searched All Forums, and though there are PD12 issues elsewhere there seems to be nothing specific to this, and it seemed to make sense to file it as a Commercial PC Software issue. Please advise if that is not correct. With thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JakeR
Level 1
11 5 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with my HP TouchSmart, where it came pre-installed.   Were you able to resolve the issues?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
hp232
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
power director le to insall
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation