cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Russell_Johnson
Level 2
22 16 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

SDM can't download to network folders on Windows 8.1 or 10?

HP Recommended
SoftPaq Download Manager
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SDM 4.3.4.0 only sees local folders and one can't download to mapped drives or DFS shares.  Used to be able to do this!  I consider this a major bug.  Please fix ASAP.

thanks,

Russell

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sizzlingsum_13
Retired
Retired
1,409 1,409 74 136
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings!!@Russell_Johnson

Welcome to the HP Forums,I hope you're well.

I see that your SDM can't download to network folders on Windows 8.1 or 10 is that right?

I'd love to help you out, however, I need a few details to provide an accurate solution.

What is the model name of your PC?

Which OS and version are you using?

Please get back to us for further assistance,

I'll be eagerly waiting to assist you with same,

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Russell_Johnson
Author
Level 2
22 16 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Siz,

Using Revolve G1 with win 8.1 x64 Enterprise and Z440 with Win 10 1511 x64 Enterprise.

800 Elitedesk DM G1 with Windows 7 x64 Enterprise works as expected.  The higher end O/Ses do not allow changing the download folder to a non-local drive.

Thanks,
Russell

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation