cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
OlliRajala
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Softpaq Download Manager 4.3.0.0, win 10 and separate admin account not working anymore

HP Recommended
Softpaq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi, My Softpaq Download Manager updated to 4.3.0.0 today and after that I have not been able to run it from my normal domain account with run as admin using local account with admin rights. The error in log (C:\ProgramData\HP\HP SoftPaq Download Manager\SoftPaqDownloadManager.log) is: 17.34.04 Exception: [DownloadWithBITS()] - The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network. The specified service does not exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704DD) That error message + Google found me this: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/b84c60d3-b685-4374-8cb2-1243d081c146/e... I decided to login to Windows with the local admin account and launch SDM there. It worked without any issues. So, it seems that 4.3.0.0 is using BITS implementation which require that you are logged on to Windows with the same account you are running SDM. Not a usable solution for many users, because I would think that quite many are using domain accounts without admin rights + local admin rights for administrative purposes. Any thoughts/experiences regarding this? -Olli
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
OlliRajala
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

For some reason, there were issues in posting, and all newlines were deleted. Hopefully this will get through a bit better.

My Softpaq Download Manager updated to 4.3.0.0 today and after that I have not been able to run it from my normal domain account with run as admin using local account with admin rights.

The error in log (C:\ProgramData\HP\HP SoftPaq Download Manager\SoftPaqDownloadManager.log) is:

17.34.04     Exception: [DownloadWithBITS()] - The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network. The specified service does not exist. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800704DD)

That error message + Google found me this: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/b84c60d3-b685-4374-8cb2-1243d081c146/e...

I decided to login to Windows with the local admin account and launch SDM there. It worked without any issues.

So, it seems that 4.3.0.0 is using BITS implementation which require that you are logged on to Windows with the same account you are running SDM. Not a usable solution for many users, because I would think that quite many are using domain accounts without admin rights + local admin rights for administrative purposes.

Any thoughts/experiences regarding this?

-Olli

0 Kudos
yankeep
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

I experienced the same issues when upgrading to 4.3.0.0:

I also found that log entry but further analyzed TLSv1 traffic, maybe this helps pinning the source of the error:

after tls handshake, my client suddenly sends an TLS alert 21 - server fin the connection.

Now I rolled back to 4.2.4.0 - everything works in this version as expected.

0 Kudos
OlliRajala
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I also rolled back, and it works again. Is there a way to report this bug, or is this forum "good enough" for that? -Olli
0 Kudos
RobinC
Level 2
12 12 2 1
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

We are sorry to make you inconvinet.

We are going to release a new version to solve the issue soon.

SDM Support

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation