cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ladylong
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Software f1 after start up on screen?

HP Recommended
HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Did a hard reboot it did no good, tried to do recovery, no good, esc key doesn't work either.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ladylong
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Any help would be appicated, was told my software is broken and can't reach biod.
0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI @ladylong,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the HP Notebook Monitor has a Blackout,

Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

Please attempt the below steps:

Perform a hard reset

Attempt Bios Recovery

If nothing works, I would suggest you try with an external keyboard to ensure it's not an issue with the keyboard.

For more details, click here

If even this fails, I would suggest this be a hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

If there is anything else that I can help you with just let me know.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

ladylong
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your solution to my struck pf1 screen problem. I Did some research and found that if I Turn laptop off and hold the the picture window key with b key together for 8  second and hold then while turning the laptop back on. The laptop came back with the HP screen so I Tap pf11 to get Bios screen to reset my hard drive. Now system when back to original factory settings which is great.

0 Kudos
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,342
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @ladylong,

Thanks for replying.

Glad to hear you got it working. If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Take care!

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation