cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GayleneC
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Unable to enable HP Web services for my HP Laserjet 200 color MPF M276nw

HP Recommended

Kindly assist, I have tried updating firmware, but still my web services wont enable.

Rgs

G

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
happytohelp01
Retired
Retired
4,530 4,705 318 865
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi GayleneC,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are getting an unable to connect error message when trying to enable the web services for your Laserjet 200 color MPF M276nw.

Please set a static IP address for the printer.  The steps can be found in the document Printer Does Not Maintain a Wireless Connection.  When setting the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate Preferred DNS Server. In the Windows section it is Solution Three and in the Mac section it is Solution Two.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Tags (1)
GayleneC
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope that didnt work either, my printer just dont want to communicate with hp :Crying:

Everything work, printing, scanning etc, just the webservices that dont want to enable...

0 Kudos
happytohelp01
Retired
Retired
4,530 4,705 318 865
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi GayleneC,

Thank you for the update and additional information.  I truly appreciate it.

You indicated that you tried to update the firmware, I’m wondering since the printer isn’t connecting to web services that it might not have connected to check for firmware updates.  I’ve included two links, one is for the Windows version of the HP LaserJet Pro Series Firmware Update Utility the other is for the Mac version of the HP LaserJet Pro Series Firmware Update Utility. Please choose the one for your operating system and let’s try and update the firmware without using the front panel of the printer.

After running the firmware update utility, please disable the IPv6 wireless through the embedded web server.  Please follow the steps below:

1. To open the HP Embedded Web Server, type the product IP address into the address line of a Web browser. When it opens it should look like the screen shot below.

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 9.01.08 AM with highlights.png

2. Please click on the ‘Network’ tab as highlighted in the screen shot above.

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 9.01.25 AM with highlights.png

3. Please click on ‘Advanced’ in the left hand side menu as shown above. Please uncheck IPv6 and click on ‘Apply’.

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 9.01.39 AM with highlights.png

4. Please click on the ‘HP Web Services’ tab.

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 9.02.20 AM with highlights.png

5. Please click on the ‘Enable’ button. The Web Services information sheet should print.

Screen Shot 2014-03-27 at 9.02.36 AM with highlights.png
--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation