cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
jha5398
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Windows 7

HP Recommended
Windows 7 Pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a computer several years ago.  Windows 7 was pre installed.  I've several crashes and I've had to rely on a computer repair shop to fix the problem.  They have always had to reinstall Windows 7 again.  I believe that I could have solved my own problem if I had had a disk.  Can Dell supply me with a Windows 7 pro disk.  If not and if purchase the program localy, will it reconize all the drivers and other information on my computer.

Thanks.

jha5398

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,455 90,332 11,614 24,904
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support forum. Please contact Dell in your country.

https://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/shared-content~solutions~oem~en/documents~international-contact-...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
saioutlook
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
when I buy hp 15-go13cl laptap with Windows 7 home premium.it has been crashed before 3 days.I want the link to download the 7 iso because I don't have os cd
0 Kudos
Rildrim
Level 1
12 10 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would do the following:

1. Backup all necessary data from My Documents, Pictures, Backups for individual programs that you need etc
  2. Ensure you have a copy of all necessary drivers (download them from the official HP site for your pc and backup to dvd-r disc).
  3. Have a second pc to use if things go wrong and you need more information
  4. Format the HDD using Active Killdisk or similar utility. This will format the HDD at a low level and ensure all viruses are removed (unless they escaped on your backups, be careful).
  5. Reinstall Windows from an OEM copy of Windows which is the cheapest option and will give you a license key. These can be obtained from Ebay very cheaply. Remember that if you hardware changes then this copy may stop working but on the same computer it will be fine.
  6. Reinstall drivers and restore backups
  7. Your computer is working again! No need to give repair shops any money at all.

0 Kudos
saioutlook
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I don't have a copy of oem
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation