cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
luc13455
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

error startup 3d driveguard 0xc000007b

HP Recommended
Pavillion Notebook 17-g120n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Run win10 with all updates including from jan27, 2016, also updated all HP software.

At startup get msg : 

AccelerometerSt.exe - Toepassingsfout

Kan de toepassing niet correct starten (0xc000007b). Klik op OK om de toepassing te sluiten.

Then deleted 3d Driveguard in setup, rebooted and reinstalled again with SP87177, downloaded from HP.

Still at startop same error msg and icon of 3d Driveguard is still missing from systemtray.

Tried executing accelrometerST.exe manualy and get same error msgs.

So is 3d Driveguard not execuring ???

Some screen says in startup is is installed and active.

version of 3d Driveguard is 6.0.28.1 installed onjanuary 28 2016 and is 2.00 Mb large.

AccelerometeST.exe is from  08-07-2015 and 125 Kb large .

It ran okay for some months, I cant remember when it started failing, must be some days or even weeks ago.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
luc13455
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found some issues stating that in the past, updates of Microsoft Visual C++ were causing these kind of problem also.

Checked my system and found Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable x86 was installed on 14-1-2016 which is around the time I think I first saw the problem.....

All other versions of C++ 2012 and 2010 are installed also........ maybe this update killed some other ones that Accelerometer is needing ???

0 Kudos
luc13455
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have been examining the windows logbooks.

There is shows that 3D Driveguard is started normally and active.

Suspect that AccellerometeST.exe is just the System Tray icon part of the 3D Drivegaurd that still cannot be started.

Still error msg at startup, but nothing to be found in the windows log.

Will be checking further next week to see if Visual C++ is a candidate for it........

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
luc13455
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Had no time this week, investigation scheduled foe end of next week.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation