Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
s6500 wireless speaker

hp s6500 wireless speaker not working with laptop. its present in the bluetooth devices ad printers of laptop. still not wrking. 

Soumen Bhaskar
Chemist (Gr. A Gazetted)
Geological Survey Of India
Central Region, Nagpur
Maharashtra 440006
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @soumenbhaskar,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with your HP s6500 wireless speaker not working on your laptop. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details

Did you turn the speaker on with the power switch on the bottom?

Have you fully charged the device?

Did you try to 

1 Bluetooth light Blinking blue: The speaker is in pairing mode. When you turn the speaker on, it automatically attempts to connect to previously paired Bluetooth devices if it is not connected to a device by an audio cable. Blue: The speaker is connected to a Bluetooth device. Red: The speaker is connected to a device via an audio cable.

2 Battery light On The speaker battery is charging. Blinking: The speaker battery is low. Off: The speaker battery is charged.

HP S6500 Wireless Speaker - Setting Up the HP S6500 Wireless Speaker - Click here

Fully charge the speaker before first use. If the speaker is idle, it might automatically turn off to save power. To continue to use the speaker, slide the power switch to the Off position and then slide it to the On position. For regulatory and safety notices, refer to the Product Notices included with your product.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to check if the Bluetooth is selected or not. Launch Control panel - Hardware and sound - Sound - Playback Devices, now right on Bluetooth and set that as Default. Now try and check if that works.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Mr. Singh

Thanks for your reply. 

I've tried all u have mentioned without any result.

Let me elaborate.

On switching on the blue light is blinking. Then I tried to add it to my laptop via bluetooth. After successful additon, the device is showing in my laptop in the "Devices & Printer" section, but the light doesn't get stablized, rather it remains blinking.

The device is not appearing in my "Playback devices". So no question of selecting it or setting it as default. Other than my laptop speaker 2 others are appearing in playback devices, one bluetooth headphone and other bluetooth headset, both of which showing "Disconnected" status.

Hope I am able to make u understand the situation. Pls help further.

Regards.

Soumen Bhaskar

Soumen Bhaskar
Chemist (Gr. A Gazetted)
Central Region, Nagpur
Maharashtra 440006
HP Recommended

Hi @soumenbhaskar,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Going through the previous post, I understand you have tried to follow the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few steps which should help you to resolve this issue.

After reviewing your post, I see that both the devices are not paired and that is the reason why it's not listed in the playback devices. I would suggest you go ahead and disconnect the speakers and then wait for few seconds. Now connect the speakers and follow the on-screen instructions to pair the device. 

Here is a document for Fixing Bluetooth Problems, that explains how to troubleshoot Bluetooth devices.

If this does not work, below are some more steps you can try.

Steps for Bluetooth
Step 1. Go to device manager
Step 2. Right click on "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" that you want
Step 3. Select "Update Driver Software..."
Step 4. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"
Step 5. Choose "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
Step 6. Select "Ports (COM & LPT)"
Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally, select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

If you are still unable to pair with a Bluetooth device try the following:

Step 1. Search for "Change device" in the Windows 8 Start menu.
Step 2. Click on where it says Change device installation settings.
Step 3. Select the No, let me choose what to do option.
Step 4. Check the automatically get the device app option
Step 5. Click Save changes to save the settings you just chose

As well, you can try this

Step 1: Go to RUN (Windows Logo + R) and type “services.msc” and Enter
Step 2: Now find “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it
Step 3: Now click on Log On Tab and Type in "Local Service" without quotes
Step 4. Click on “This Account”
Step 5: Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank
Step 6: Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start" Click it

I hope this information helps, please let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

Mr. Singh. Again thanks for your quick reply.

Actually u r right, the problem is with pairing only. As per instruction came with the speaker, the blinking blue light will be stable upon pairing, which never occurs.

I'm sorry to inform you that none of your suggestions worked for me. I'm coming one by one.

First,

You said about bluetooth peripheral devices, which I could not find in device manager, Then i kept the device manager open, & tried to add the speaker to my laptop. When this was tried, 2 bluetooth peripheral devices appeared in "other devices" section under "network adapters". when the addition was complete, both disappeared.

Still somehow I managed to right click on that btooth peripheral devices, did all those instructed by you. But could not find the last 2 steps:

Step 7. Select "Microsoft" at "Manufacturer" list
Step 8. Finally, select "Standard Serial over Bluetooth link"

Second,

I tried it, but without any result.

Coming to the third,

I got problem with these steps:

Step 5: Now remove any passwords leave the password field blank
Step 6: Underneath the upper left title should be a hyperlink "Start" Click it

Step 5: When i removed the password  and tried to apply or save, it's prompting to restart or stop the service, then i stopped the service, removed the password and started it. But as soon as i started the service, the password (in ****) reappeared.

Sorry .

Regards.

** When I am adding the speaker via bluetooth, it's appearing in the "Devices and printer" section, when i right click the icon of speaker, there are options like  1. remove the device, 2. properties...and some others, but i could never find any option like "CONNECT", which i think required.

Regards.

Waiting for reply from your side.

Soumen Bhaskar
Chemist (Gr. A Gazetted)
Central Region, Nagpur
Maharashtra 440006
HP Recommended

Hi @ soumenbhaskar,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand you tried to follow the steps and still having issues pairing your device, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help to resolve this concern,

To connect a Bluetooth headset, speaker, or other audio devices

1. Turn on your Bluetooth audio device and make it discoverable.

The way you make it discoverable depends on the device. Check the device or visit the manufacturer's website to learn how.

2. Turn on Bluetooth on your PC if it's not on already. To do this, on the taskbar, select action center  > Bluetooth.

3. In action center, select Connect > the device name.

4. Follow any more instructions that might appear. Otherwise, you're done and connected.

Your Bluetooth device and PC will usually automatically connect anytime the two devices are in the range of each other with Bluetooth turned on.

For more detail, please follow this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.